Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Final Count Down....

Week 6 (Last week of teaching!)

Oh sadness...to leave all those beautiful children...but what a fun week we had! My teacher actually gave me monday morning off because I am such a hard worker :) That was nice! It was great to sleep in and get caught up on some of my GVSU final evaluations and surveys. I took over full time on Tuesday, got to plan all the activities, and my teacher was out of the room the whole time! We started doing christmas activities, games, reef and card making, and playing christmas music! We made reefs out of coat hangers and wire...simple...but sooo cute! I showed the kids some cool youtube videos of christmas light shows that were synchronized to music...gosh I love youtube!

On Wednesday I taught my last science lesson to Miss Onn's 6/7th grade class on Solids, liquids, and Gases. We played a game of tag outside simulating the ways the molecules move in the various states...they loved it! I also did an experiment with hot and cold water, showing how they wont mix when the hot water is on top because it is less dense. And finally the students did an experiment using candles, water, glass cup and fire, using the difference in air pressure that is created when the fame is extinguished by the cup to draw the water from the bowl up into the cup. Overall they were pretty wicked sweet!Thursday my students threw me a party! SURPRISE! They were all hiding under their tables when I came in, and popped up! ( They actually had "spies" that were on the look out for me...which I pretended I didn't see of course :) ) I was sooo overwellemed with how awesome my teacher was! They sat me down in a "chair of honor", and gave me a huge bag of "Aussie mementos!" (I don't know what I'll do with 5 stuffed kangeroos...but hey, it's the thought right?) I got this great hat which all the kids signed, LOTS of chocolate, pins, key chains, ornaments, cards, flags...pretty much anything you could want! Some kids made me special cards and I got this cool doll made out of jenga pieces!
During lunch time we had special food that all the kids had brought in, and they had me eat at each table as the guest of honor :) I showed the kids my "science sista" music video...and at the end one of the looks me straight in the eye and goes..."Miss Gonsior...I didn't know you were a rapper?!" It was pretty priceless:) And if that wasn't enough...at the end of the day they bestowed me with a huge life size card that the students had put together themselves with all their photos, and next to each photo was a heart from that student with a personalized note from them to me :) It was so lovely. I actually cried when I took it home to read that night! I gave the students all christmas card photos of me and them as well as Fruit tingles (my fav aussie candy!), and a customized star ornament I made them. All in all it was great :) I got sooo many hugs! I will have to go back because the students there are just tooo fantastic!
Well its true...I am back now...and I still have one last post to write about my Excursion up North! So stay tuned....!

No comments:

Post a Comment